Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -aɪəns
- The act of relying on someone or something; trust.
- In reliance on promises which proved to be of very little value.
- The condition of being reliant or dependent.
- A person or thing which relies on another.
- Anything on which to rely; ground of trust.
- The boat was a poor reliance.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Richardson to this entry?)
The act of relying on someone or something; trust
The condition of being reliant or dependent