Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK, US) IPA: /ˈɹɛz.ə.vwɑː(ɹ)/, X-SAMPA: /"rEz.@.vwA:(r)/
- (US) IPA: /ˈɹɛzəvwɔɹ/, X-SAMPA: /"rEz@vwOr/
Audio (US) (file)
reservoir (plural reservoirs)
- A place where anything is kept in store; especially, a place where water is collected and kept for use when wanted, as to supply a fountain, a canal, or a city by means of aqueducts.
- A small intercellular space, often containing resin, essential oil, or some other secreted matter.
- A supply or source of something.
Derived terms 
Related terms 
place where anything is kept in store
place behind a dam where water is collected
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.