Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The action of reverting something.
- The action of returning to a former condition or practice; reversal.
- The fact of being turned the reverse way.
- The action of turning something the reverse way.
- (law) The return of an estate to the donor or grantor after expiry of the grant.
- (law) An estate which has been returned in this manner.
- (law) The right of succeeding to an estate, or to another possession.
- The right of succeeding to an office after the death or retirement of the holder.
- The return of a genetic characteristic after a period of suppression.
- A sum payable on a person's death.
Derived terms 
Old French