Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
robbery (plural robberies)
- The act or practice of robbing.
- (law) The offense of taking or attempting to take the property of another by force or threat of force.
(attempt of taking the property of another by threat): larceny
- taking or attempt of taking the property of another by force or threat
- piracy, armed robbery, aggravated robbery, highway robbery, mugging, carjacking, extortion, stick-up (slang), blagging (slang), steaming (slang)
act or practice of robbing
attempt of taking the property of another by threat
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked