Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (nautical) Robbery at sea, a violation of international law; taking a ship away from the control of those who are legally entitled to it.
- How shoud the international community respond to Somali piracy?
- A similar violation of international law, such as hijacking of an aircraft.
- The unauthorized duplication of goods protected by intellectual property law (e.g. copying software unlawfully).
- The operation of an unlicensed radio or television station.
robbery at sea