Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Boisterous, rowdy, saucy, dissipated, or risqué.
1898, Robert Smythe Hichens, , page 280:
- "Tell us a good story, Rodney — one of your rorty ones." / Mr. Rodney shrivelled. / "I fear," he murmured — "I fear I am scarcely in the — er — rorty vein to-night."
1972, Private eye, number 263-288:
- Unsuitable for family motorists. Only Custom Car gives you the real dirt on the fastest, the loudest, the rortiest, ....
1996 August 3, “From ragtops to riches Compact SLK doesn't leave out...”, Toronto Star:
- If it isn't ultimately as keen-edged and involving as some of its rortier forebears, the SLK makes a great deal more sense for the '90s.
2006, Stella Gibbons; Lynne Truss, Cold Comfort Farm:
- But compared with the heavy, muffling darkness of the night in which the countryside was sunk, the lights looked positively rorty
2007 May 31, “Lotus 2-Eleven - Road Test First Drive”, Autocar:
- Any speed any gear it doesn't matter. The 2Eleven's got an enormous powerband huge performance and the rortiest exhaust I've heard in an Elise-based car