Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
A corruption of skirmish.
- Rhymes: -ɪmɪdʒ
scrimmage (plural scrimmages)
- A rough fight.
- (US) In some team sports, especially soccer, a practice game which does not count on a team's record.
- In American football or Canadian football, a play that begins with a snap from the center while opposing teams are on either side of a line of scrimmage.
A practice game.
A play that begins with a snap.
- See also Wikisaurus:fight
- To have, or be involved in, a scrimmage.
- We scrimmaged a few times and then settled into boring drills.