Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To avoid, especially persistently.
- (transitive) To escape (a threatening evil, an unwelcome task etc).
- (transitive) To screen, hide.
- (transitive) To shove, push.
Derived terms 
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- shun in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- shun in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
Usage notes 
English transcriptions of Chinese speech often fail to distinguish between the critical tonal differences employed in the Chinese language, using words such as this one without the appropriate indication of tone.