sis boom bah
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɑː
- an exclamation of encouragement
- The term is popular in U.S. high school and college cheers.
- It was used by Johnny Carson's character Carnac the Magnificent:
- (Carnac holds the sealed envelope up to his turban)
- CARNAC: Sis boom bah.
- ED McMAHON: Sis boom bah?
- (Carnac rips the envelope open and removes the card)
- CARNAC (reading): Describe the sound made when a sheep explodes.
- It has also been used by Bugs Bunny in the iconic cartoon, "Super-Rabbit"
- Bugs: Bricka bracka fia cracka sis boom bah! Bugs Bunny! Bugs Bunny! RAH! RAH! RAH!