Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- A long black mark left on a road surface from the sliding or skidding tires of a motor vehicle that has lost traction.
- Any other mark or stain caused by one surface skidding along another.
- The ladder that slipped left a skid mark across the tile floor.
- The girl had skid marks on the knees of her jeans.
- (colloquial, humorous, euphemistic) A visible feces stain left on underpants, trousers, or sometimes the toilet bowl ; the mark of a soiled finger wiped on a surface.
- Any burn on the skin caused by scraping the skin against a surface.
black mark left on a road surface from tires
visible stain left on underpants
- “skid mark” in the Canadian Oxford Dictionary, Second Edition, Oxford University Press, 2004.