Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
rain which freezes before reaching the ground
mixture of rain and snow
- (impersonal, of the weather) To be in a state in which sleet is falling.
- I won't bother going out until it's stopped sleeting.
to be in a state in which sleet is falling
- ^ Skeat (in German) considers the English word “sleet” to be a loanword from Scandinavia and cites the Norwegian word “sletta.”
- IPA: /sleet/
sleet ? (uncountable)
- singular past indicative of slijten
- second- and third-person singular present indicative of sleeën
- plural imperative of sleeën