Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (intransitive) to sniff with the nose loudly and audibly.
- (intransitive) To sniff or smell something very loudly.
- (intransitive) To speak through the nose; to breathe through the nose when it is obstructed, so as to make a broken sound.
- One clad in purple / Eats, and recites some lamentable rhyme […] / Snuffling at nose, and croaking in his throat.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) (transitive) To make something or someone quiet.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) (intransitive) To travel in a car at the pace of a snail.
snuffle (plural snuffles)
- An act of snuffling; sniffing loudly