Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
soundproofing (plural soundproofings)
- Something that prevents sound from traveling through it, such as is put on walls so adjacent areas are not disturbed by noise.
- Until the soundproofing is installed I don't think I'll be able to get to sleep here.
- The act of installing material to dampen sound.
- We're going to be soundproofing today, by tomorrow you'll no longer hear those noises.
Something that prevents sound from traveling through it
- Present participle of soundproof.