Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- simple past tense and past participle of stagger
- The drunk staggered to the end of the bar before he collapsed.
- Astonished, taken aback.
- referring to something that has been arranged in a way that is not uniform
- The U.S. Senate holds staggered elections, with only one third of the seats being filled every two years.
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.