Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- tacticks (obsolete)
tactics (plural only)
- (military) The military science that deals with achieving the objectives set by strategy.
- (military) Manoeuvres used against an enemy.
- (military) The employment and ordered arrangement of forces in relation to each other.
- Plural form of tactic
the employment of forces
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- ^ Joint Publication 1-02 U.S. Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms; 12 April 2001 (As Amended Through 14 April 2006).