Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
tourney (plural tourneys)
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Francis Bacon to this entry?)
- We hold a tourney here to-morrow morn, / And there is scantly time for half the work.
- 1960, P. G. Wodehouse, Jeeves in the Offing, chapter XIV:
- Kipper stood blinking, as I had sometimes seen him do at the boxing tourneys in which he indulged when in receipt of a shrewd buffet on some tender spot like the tip of the nose.
- (archaic) To take part in a tournament.