Category:English nouns with irregular plurals
This category lists English nouns whose plural is formed irregularly with respect to spelling: It includes the singulars of all English nouns except those that:
- are symbols or letters and form their plural by adding -s or -’s
- are not proper nouns, end in a consonant + y, and form their plural by dropping the -y in for -ies
- end in a sibilant (one of [s], [ʃ], [z], [ʒ]) and have plural ending -es
- do not fall under any of the three cases above and form their plural by adding -s
For the plural forms themselves see Category:English irregular plurals.
Words lacking articles
|Top – A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► English invariant nouns (0 c, 2139 e)
Pages in category "English nouns with irregular plurals"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 499 total.(previous 200) (next 200)
- arbor vitae
- culture medium