Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Present participle of train surf.
- (sports) The sport of riding on the roof, sides or back of a train
- 1999: Deborah Lupton, Risk - It is also evident in the words of a sixteen-year-old Australian boy discussing the pleasure of ‘train-surfing', or riding a moving train on its roof. [published in UK]
- a2006: Mary Deyo, Jinx Magazine, read at  on 14 May 2006 - In 1989 alone gruesome train surfing accidents killed 150 Brazilian kids and injured 170 more. ... Attempts to stop train surfing have proved ineffective. ... [published in USA]
- 1998: Marc D Feldman, Jacqueline M Feldman, Stranger Than Fiction: When Our Minds Betray Us - "Subway surfing", "car surfing" and "train surfing" are new sports among adolescents in the United States, Brazil and Europe, for instance -- but with the thrill of hanging off the speeding vehicles has come the utterly predictable limb loss and death. [published in USA]
- 1999: Infiltration, Infilnews 7, November 1999 read at [] on 22 May 2006 - The youth jumped on the platform attached to the train, dismounting a few minutes later. ... According to a Rotterdam paper: "In the Netherlands train surfing is not practiced regularly. In 1997 a French boy was killed when he tried to surf a Dutch train with his friend." [published in Netherlands and Canada]
- 2002: BBC News, read at [] on 22 May 2006 - Tube death blamed on 'train surfing': A man killed in an accident at an underground station was reportedly seen trying to hang on to the side of a train. [published in UK]