Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- Celebrating victory.
- a triumphant chariot
- Triumphant out of this infernal pit.
- So shall it be in the church triumphant.
- Athena, war's triumphant maid...
- “triumphant” in An American Dictionary of the English Language, by Noah Webster, 1828.
- triumphant in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- third-person plural present active indicative of triumphō