Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Not assisted; without assistance
2012, Laura Kaplan Shanley, Unassisted Childbirth, ISBN 0313397155, page 80:
- Moran did not support these women, nor did she believe that women should catch their own babies in an unassisted birth.
- Without assistance.
2006, Diane Louise Szarkowicz, Observations and Reflections in Childhood, ISBN 017012973X, page 4:
- Imagine if children never got any feedback, such as praise and encouragement, as they learnt to walk and only received it when they could walk unassisted.
- 1945, George Orwell, Animal Farm, chapter 6
- […] he would go alone to the quarry, collect a load of broken stone, and drag it down to the site of the windmill unassisted.