Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- To wait until the specified event occurs.
- Wait for the light to change before you cross the street.
- What are you waiting for?
- To await the arrival of.
- I'm waiting for my date.
- I'm waiting for the train.
to wait until the specified event
to await the arrival of
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.