waste + -oid. Compare waster (idler), wasted (in a drugged state).
wastoid (plural wastoids)
- (slang, derogatory) A person with a drug or alcohol addiction.
- (slang, derogatory) A person regarded with contempt; a loser.
- 1999, Michael Hornburg, Downers Grove, Grove Press (2001), ISBN 9780802199577, page 133:
- "They look like the stupid kind of wastoids who get gobbled up in the first ten minutes of a horror movie," I said.
- (slang, derogatory) An absent-minded or vacuous person.
- 2004, Kate Brian, The V Club, Simon & Schuster (2004), ISBN 0689867646, page 16:
- Oh God. What if he was talking to me and I didn't say anything and was just sitting here staring into space like a complete wastoid? Eva blinked. Did I just use the word wastoid?