Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Done in a manner which was intended.
2005, Irvin D. Yalom; Molyn Leszcz, The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy, page 182:
- Knowingly or unknowingly, every therapist assumes that each client possesses the capacity to change through willful choice.
1893, Edwin Caskoden, , page 110:
- Mary had taken the whim into her willful head, and Jane could not dissuade her.
1995, Francine Rivers, As Sure as the Dawn, page 232:
- "He's as willful as you," Rizpah said. "If you let him hurt himself again, so help me, I'll — "
2007, Roger K. Thomas, Kinshu: Autumn Brocade, translation of original by Teru Miyamoto, page 136:
- You had a pampered upbringing, and possessed enough of a willful streak that I wanted to slap you at times
done as intended