Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- An affection for non-human animals
2002, Dario Martinelli, How Musical Is a Whale?, page 76:
- Zoophilism bears witness to a new human being, one who no longer fears nature.
- (epidemiology) A preference of a parasite or vector to feed on non-human animals
1951, Meillon de Botha, “Species and varieties of malaria vectors in Africa and their bionomics”, page 421:
- They make the interesting suggestion that since cattle are rare in Kigezi christyi has had to abandon its zoophilism and become anthropophilic.
- Zoophilia, a sexual inclination towards bestiality