Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (5th BC Attic): IPA: /kʰora͜aɡós/
- (1st BC Egyptian): IPA: /kʰoraːɣós/
- (4th AD Koine): IPA: /xoraɣós/
- (10th AD Byzantine): IPA: /xoraɣós/
- (15th AD Constantinopolitan): IPA: /xoɾaɣós/
- Chorus leader, who could enter the story as a character able to interact with the characters of a play.
- Generally, the leader of a train or band.
- In Athens, one who defrays the cost of a performance.
- Generally, one who supplies financial backing for any endeavour.