Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: ית
- For masculine singular adjectives in ־י (-í), replacing that ending to produce feminine singular forms.
- Appended to certain masculine nouns denoting men, forming feminine counterparts denoting women or females.
- Appended to certain masculine nouns denoting large items, forming feminine counterparts denoting corresponding small items.
- Forming proper nouns denoting languages (identical to feminine singular adjectives).
- צרפתית (tsarfatít, “French”)
- Forming female given names; especially, appended to male given names to form female counterparts.
- Forming words describing vehicles.