Jump to navigation Jump to search
- סַדְנָא (sadná) (Aramaic spelling)
- A shop, a workshop: a small room for manufacturing or light industrial work.
- A workshop: a brief intensive course of interactive practical education.
- A workshop: an academic conference.
- As with other feminine loanwords from Aramaic, the Academy of the Hebrew Language recommends  that סדנה be written with a ה (h, “hei”) at the end, rather than with an א (ʾ, “alef”) (as in Aramaic). Nonetheless, the Aramaic spellings are still common today sometimes more common than the recommended spellings. In many cases the different plurals are used interchangeably.