Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (5th BC Attic) IPA(key): /a.ri.á͜i.os/
ambiguous vowel ἀ at 1, ambiguous vowel ι at 3
- (1st BC Egyptian) IPA(key): /a.riˈɛ.os/
- (4th AD Koine) IPA(key): /a.riˈɛ.os/
- (10th AD Byzantine) IPA(key): /a.riˈe.os/
- (15th AD Constantinopolitan) IPA(key): /a.riˈe.os/
Mark the vowel length of the ambiguous vowels ἀ and ι by adding a macron after each of them if they are long, or a breve if they are short. By default, Module:grc-pronunciation assumes they are short if unmarked.