Jump to navigation Jump to search
Back-formation from delicious.
- Used to form intensified adjectives indicating deliciousness, from nouns and adjectives.
- 2011, Nancy Kennedy, The Hollywood Wrap: 100 Quick and Easy Meals to Fuel Your Workout, page 83:
- If you prefer your burgers hot and spicy, then add the jalapeño seeds to this veggie-licious wrap.
- 2009, Cam Rossie, Hilary Hylton, Insiders' Guide to Austin, p. 100:
- It is packed with families dining under the live oaks at wooden picnic tables on food that is simply burgerlicious and better for dad's soul than nightly chicken
- 2005, Rachael Ray, 365: No Repeats : a Year of Deliciously Different Dinners, p. 241:
- The best sellers, day to day, month to month, no matter the season, were apricot chicken tenders, sesame noodles, and pasta nests. Here are three pasta-licious nests, adapted for your home production kitchen.
- 2001, Ed Rosenthal, The Big Book of Buds: Marijuana Varieties from the World's Great Seed Breeders, page 123:
- A catering business called Stranjahs advertises that they will provide ganjalicious goodies for private parties.
- 1998, Matt Diehl, Vibe, September 1998, Volume 6, Issues 6-8, p. 302:
- And unlike his Davis, California homey DJ Shadow, who smothers tracks with avant-garde displays of turntable mastery, Mike isn't afraid to let his B-boy bouillabaisse coalesce into real bootylicious grooves that are more about moving the crowd than wowing elitist nerds who crowd around the DJ booth.