Jump to navigation Jump to search
American Sign Language
- (beginning with the “5” handshape) 5@Sfhead-PalmDown A@Palm-PalmDown-A@CenterChesthigh-PalmUp
Illustrative of 1@Sfhead-PalmDown (“think, thoughts”) shutting down.
- This two-handed ASL sign is produced with the head dropping and eyes closing along with the dominant hand:
- at the dominant side of the forehead, near the temple, dominant palm facing down.
- about half arm's length in front of the nondominant side of the trunk, nondominant palm facing up. Posture the dominant hand in aside and in front of the nose, dominant palm facing down.
- in , nondominant palm facing up. Posture the dominant hand in with the dominant hand at the palm of the nondominant hand, dominant palm facing down.
- Hold both hands briefly in this posture.
|GUH Hand||LUH Hand||LUH Move||GUH Move||GUH Hand||LUH Hand|
|GUH Palm||LUH Palm||Second||Second||GUH Palm||LUH Palm|
|GUH Position||LUH Separation||Third||Third|
|Close to Body|
- to fall asleep