Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Used other than with a figurative or idiomatic meaning: see fall, asleep. To pass from a state of wakefulness into sleep.
- To be affected by paresthesia; to go numb.
- My left leg has fallen asleep!
- (poetic, euphemistic) To die (often seen on gravestones).
- John Doe, fell asleep 1 January 2001
- (pass from a state of wakefulness into sleep): drift off, drop off, go to sleep, nod off; See Thesaurus:fall asleep
- (poetic, euphemistic: to die): pass, pass away, pass over
to pass into sleep
euphemism for "to die"