Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a state of sleep; also, broadly, resting.
- I was asleep when you called.
- Never disturb a man asleep.
- (slang) Inattentive.
- How could you miss that? Were you asleep?
- (of a body part) Having a numb or prickling sensation accompanied by a degree of unresponsiveness.
- My arm fell asleep. You know, like pins and needles.
- 2003, Norma L. Bronoski, Nuns Don't Dance:
- Louisa sat in the car crying, until her foot fell asleep. She shook her foot violently, afraid the numbness would turn to frostbite.
- (euphemistic) dead
- Not used in attributive position. sleeping is used instead.
in a state of sleep
numb or prickling
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked