Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -eɪkən
- (transitive) To cause to become awake.
- She awakened him by ringing the bell.
- (transitive) To cause to become conscious.
- How to awaken your brain?
- How to awaken your entrepreneurial spirit?
- We hope to awaken your interest in our programme.
- (intransitive) To stop sleeping.
- Each morning he awakens with a smile in his face.
- (stop sleeping): fall asleep
transitive: to cause to become awake
transitive: to cause to become conscious
intransitive: to stop sleeping