Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Vigilant or on one's guard against danger or difficulty.
- Stay aware! Don't let your guard down.
- Conscious or having knowledge of something.
1918, W. B. Maxwell, chapter 7, The Mirror and the Lamp:
- “[…] This is Mr. Churchill, who, as you are aware, is good enough to come to us for his diaconate, and, as we hope, for much longer; and being a gentleman of independent means, he declines to take any payment.” Saying this Walden rubbed his hands together and smiled contentedly.
- Are you aware of what is being said about you?
- (on one's guard): wary, watchful, sensitive, alert, attentive, observant
- (conscious of something): apprised, informed, cognizant, conscious, mindful
vigilant, on one's guard
having knowledge of something
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- rōmaji reading of