Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈwɛɚ.nəs/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈwɛə.nəs/
- Hyphenation: aware‧ness
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛə(ɹ)nəs
- The state or level of consciousness where sense data can be confirmed by an observer.
- I gradually passed from sleep to full awareness.
- The state or quality of being aware of something.
- The awareness of one type of idea naturally fosters an awareness of another idea
- raise awareness of a topic
- 1981, William Irwin Thompson, The Time Falling Bodies Take to Light:Mythology, Sexuality and the Origins of Culture, page 8:
- Like a mind moving on a Möbius strip of events, one's consciousness goes over the same territory again and again without ever becoming aware of the nature of awareness.
- (state of consciousness): consciousness, wakefulness
- (state of being aware of something): knowledge, consciousness
the state of consciousness
the state or quality of being aware of something