Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Recent additions to the category|
|Oldest pages ordered by last edit|
English terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
- Category:English noun forms: English nouns that are inflected to display grammatical relations other than the main form.
- Category:English collective nouns: English nouns that indicate groups of related things or beings, without the need of grammatical pluralization.
- Category:English countable nouns: English nouns that can be quantified directly by numerals.
- Category:English diminutive nouns: English nouns that are derived from a base word to convey endearment, small size or small intensity.
- Category:English nouns by inflection type: English nouns organized by the type of inflection they follow.
- Category:English pluralia tantum: English nouns that are mostly or exclusively used in the plural form.
- Category:English proper nouns: English nouns that indicate individual entities, such as names of persons, places or organizations.
- Category:English singularia tantum: English nouns that are mostly or exclusively used in the singular form.
- Category:English verbal nouns: English nouns morphologically related to a verb and similar to it in meaning.
|Top – A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- ► English diminutive nouns (2 c, 15 e)
- ► English nouns by inflection type (1 c, 0 e)
- ► Nouns with common ending formations (12 c, 0 e)
- ► English quantizers (0 c, 4 e)
- ► English singularia tantum (1 c, 87 e)
- ► English verbal nouns (0 c, 1 e)
Pages in category "English nouns"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 250,852 total.(previous page) (next page)
(previous page) (next page)
- 1 gauge
- 1-2-3 block
- 1-D RCM
- 1-h TL FM
- 1/4 d
- 10-day measles
- 10-undecenoic acid
- 100 meters
- 100 metres
- 100-year flood
- 10000 meters
- 10000 metres
- 10th grade
- 11 Bang-Bang
- 11-plus examination
- 11th grade
- 11th hour
- 12-hour clock
- 12-ounce curls
- 12th grade
- 13th month
- 15 megabytes of fame
- 15 minutes
- 15 minutes of fame
- 1500 meters
- 1500 metres
- 163rd game
- 16S ribosomal RNA
- 16s rRNA
- 18 holes
- 18-yard box
- 18-yard line
- 1st grade