|Recent additions to the category|
|Oldest pages ordered by last edit|
English terms that indicate people, beings, things, places, phenomena, qualities or ideas.
For more information, see Appendix:English nouns.
- Category:English noun forms: English nouns that are inflected to display grammatical relations other than the main form.
- Category:English agent nouns: English nouns that denote an agent that performs the action denoted by the verb from which the noun is derived.
- Category:English collective nouns: English nouns that indicate groups of related things or beings, without the need of grammatical pluralization.
- Category:English compound nouns: English nouns composed of two or more stems.
- Category:English countable nouns: English nouns that can be quantified directly by numerals.
- Category:English diminutive nouns: English nouns that are derived from a base word to convey endearment, small size or small intensity.
- Category:English nouns by inflection type: English nouns organized by the type of inflection they follow.
- Category:English nominalized adjectives: English adjectives that are used as nouns.
- Category:English nouns with other-gender equivalents: English nouns that refer to gendered concepts (e.g. actor vs. actress, king vs. queen) and have corresponding other-gender equivalent terms.
- Category:English pluralia tantum: English nouns that are mostly or exclusively used in the plural form.
- Category:English proper nouns: English nouns that indicate individual entities, such as names of persons, places or organizations.
- Category:English singularia tantum: English nouns that are mostly or exclusively used in the singular form.
- Category:English nouns with unattested plurals: English nouns with unattested plurals.
- Category:English uncountable nouns: English nouns that indicate qualities, ideas, unbounded mass or other abstract concepts that cannot be quantified directly by numerals.
- Category:English verbal nouns: English nouns morphologically related to a verb and similar to it in meaning.
This category has the following 21 subcategories, out of 21 total.
- English agent nouns (0 c, 586 e)
- English diminutive nouns (3 c, 104 e)
- English nouns by inflection type (2 c, 0 e)
- English quantizers (0 c, 22 e)
- English singularia tantum (0 c, 84 e)
- English verbal nouns (0 c, 606 e)
Pages in category "English nouns"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 390,588 total.(previous page) (next page)
- 1 gauge
- 1-2-3 block
- 1-D RCM
- 1-h TL FM
- 10-day measles
- 10-foot user interface
- 10-gallon hat
- 10-undecenoic acid
- 100 meter dash
- 100 meters
- 100 metres
- 100-meter dash
- 100-year flood
- 1000 meter
- 1000 meters
- 1000 metre
- 1000 metres
- 10000 meters
- 10000 metres
- 100s & 1000s
- 100s and 1000s
- 10th grade
- 10th grader
- 10x developer
- 11 Bang-Bang
- 11 Bulletstopper
- 11 Bush
- 11 o'clock number
- 11-plus examination
- 11th commandment
- 11th Commandment
- 11th grade
- 11th grader
- 11th hour
- 12-hour clock
- 12-ounce curls
- 128th note
- 12th grade
- 12th grader
- 13th grade
- 13th grader
- 13th month
- 15 megabytes of fame
- 15 minutes
- 15 minutes of fame
- 15 minutes of shame
- 15 puzzle
- 1500 meters
- 1500 metres
- 163rd game
- 18 holes
- 18-yard box
- 18-yard line
- 180-degree rule