Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Passover
- (transitive) To bypass (something); to skip (something).
- (transitive) To make a transit of; to pass through or across (something).
1963, Margery Allingham, chapter 8, in The China Governess:
- It was a casual sneer, obviously one of a long line. There was hatred behind it, but of a quiet, chronic type, nothing new or unduly virulent, and he was taken aback by the flicker of amazed incredulity that passed over the younger man's ravaged face.
- (transitive) To fly over (something).
- (transitive) To overlook; not to note or resent.
- to pass over an affront
- (intransitive, euphemistic) To die.
- (bypass): bypass, ignore, jump, omit, skip
- (make a transit of): cover, cross, traverse
- (fly over): fly over, overfly
- (intransitive): die, fall asleep, pass, pass away, pass on