Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: acephala
- (obsolete) A taxonomic class within the phylum Mollusca – the Bivalvia.
- 1854, Philip Henry Gosse, Natural History, page 57:
- Naturalists arrange the Mollusca in six classes, named Cephalopoda, Pteropoda, Gasteropoda, Conchifera, Brachiopoda, and Tunicata. Of these the first three are sometimes distinguished as Encephala, or furnished with a head; the last three as Acephala, being destitute of that organ.
- A group or variety of Brassica oleracea, including kale and collard greens
- Acephala in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911