It seems to me that most colors are adjectives?
- And nouns, or not?Polyglot 01:46, 20 Dec 2003 (UTC)
- Colours are both adjectives and nouns. -- Aulis Eskola
- Seems to be (RGB ff e4 b5). I will just add a bar.. -- Aulis Eskola
Somehow we ended up with two colour appendices: Appendix:Colours & Appendix:Colors. I found them to be mostly the the same when I compared them today. However, they had their differences. One would only assume that they'd only grow further & further apart. I came up with a solution to this problem of keeping them in synch. I moved most of the content to subpages with parameters for varient spellings. There are three parameters in use. Setting ay=ay gives you the spelling gray, or=or gives color and f=f gives sulfur. The default spellings are grey, colour and sulphur. Appendix:Colours displays Commonwealth spelling (with a mention of the US spelling at the top). Similarly Appendix:Colors displays US spelling (with a mention of the Commonwealth spelling at the top). Otherwise the pages are (and if the solution is found agreeable, will remain) identical. Jimp 16:57, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
I tried clicking on the Greens under Contents/2. Color Grouping, and it doesn't seem to jump over to Green and Olive. Other links work. I believe it has to do with the title. Though I think fixing Green and Olive to just Green would make it work, I'm not sure where I can fix the Green to link it to Green and Olive. So, could someone who has knowledge of where to fix it repair the link? Thanks in advance.
-- BryghtShadow (talk,contribs) 08:05, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
- Edit - I've managed to find the page, and have fixed it to "Greens and Olives".
- -- BryghtShadow (talk,contribs) 08:11, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
Colours to add
Here are some colours we should add. I'd do it myself, but don't know how to make the colours!
- British Racing Green
- hair brown (this is a colour referred to by Georgette Heyer - along with many already listed - in her historical novels) 184.108.40.206 11:48, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
Problem with color groups?
The list of blues (at http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix:Colours#Blues) has "sky blue" illustrated with a bgcolor of 4C7191. I think it should be 87CEEB. Someone maybe should check the rest (I excuse myself due to my red/green colorblindness) - 220.127.116.11 10:14, 19 March 2009 (UTC)
- quite so, the HTML standard colour "SkyBlue" is 87CEEB. good catch. Fixed. Robert Ullmann 10:50, 19 March 2009 (UTC)