Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of Pokédollar, Pokedollar, PokéDollar, and pokédollar
Noun: dollar or yen, in context of Pokémon
|1999||2000 2002 2004|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1999 February 26, Dreadite <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Re: [PW] Solar's Information", message-ID <36D73B5A.2C4C@ix.netcom.com>, alt.games.nintendo.pokemon, Usenet link:
- Do not pass Go, do not collect $200 PokéDollars. =P
- 1999 March 8, Dreadite <email@example.com>, "[PW!] Gary Oak, annoyingly the same.", message-ID <36E4AE2A.firstname.lastname@example.org>, alt.games.nintendo.pokemon, Usenet link:
- Gary laughed. "All right, if you say so. Hey, smell you later." Gary walked off, and the waiter handed Dreadite his salad. The waiter looked at Dreadite expectantly, and Dreadite handed him some Pokédollars, and picked up the bill.
- 1999 March 22, Ricky5687 <email@example.com>, "Re: Disappearing Pokemon?", message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>, alt.games.nintendo.pokemon, Usenet link:
- If they do reach L100, be prepared to shell out some PokéDollars..
- 1999 June 6, MagicPantz <email@example.com>, "My first Pokéfic", message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>, alt.games.nintendo.pokemon, Usenet link:
- "Some sort of Team Rocket ransom thing…seems Giovanni's henchmen will kill Professor Oak if they don't get profits from a Pokémon establishment. So the Pokémon Center agreed to give Team Rocket one PokéDollar for each PokéBelt stored, as long as they don't kill Professor Oak or steal PokéBelts."
- 1999 July 27, Lord Neo J. Menasor Esquire the 1st <email@example.com>, "[PW!] Neo's Debt....", message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>, alt.games.nintendo.pokemon, Usenet link:
- "Well, taking into account: The amount of weeks, the amount of stones, the cost of stones, sales projections, tax, and taking into account the rise of prices. I have calculated that you owe the Celdaon[sic] city market approximently 46,943,576 Pokedollars and 12 cents" There is thud as Neo falls on the linoleum floor. Mark yells, "Oh my God, you killed Neo!"
- 1999 July 29, Sirius <email@example.com>, "Re: [PW!] Neo's Debt....", message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>, alt.games.nintendo.pokemon, Usenet link:
- "Forty-six million pokédollars..." Orion whistled. "That's going to take you over a hundred years to pay." "Ugh... this can't be happening," moaned Neo. He turned to Orion with a desperate look on his face. "Your family's rich, right? Can you lend me the money? I'll promise to sometimes try to pay the money back!" "Sorry. There's no way my dad will let me give that much money," said Orion quickly. "But I have about... 80,000 pokedollars that I can lend you." Neo groaned. After a brief silence, he got up and put on a jacket.
- 1999 July 29, Neo no Miko <email@example.com>, "Re: [PW!] Neo's Debt....", message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>, alt.games.nintendo.pokemon, Usenet link:
- Neo perked up, "Really? That's cool! You'll lend me the money?" Neo stared at the blonde. She then took him to a nearby tavern. They both sat down and she began, "I am good with money problems and I would like to help. I will give you....50 million Pokedollars."
- 1999 July 30, Sirius <email@example.com>, "[PW!] Neo's escape from Team Rocket", message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>, alt.games.nintendo.pokemon, Usenet link:
- Night was falling, and he needed to pay his debt as soon as possible. He headed towards the Celadon City Department Store, carrying the fifty million pokédollars in a briefcase.
- 2000 April 18, Matt Czubakowski <email@example.com>, "Re: [Question] Currency in Pokemon game", message-ID <gu_K4.22036$fV.firstname.lastname@example.org>, alt.games.nintendo.pokemon, Usenet link:
- Actually, [the currency of Pokémon games is] both the "P" and also "PK$". You pronounce it "PokéDollars" or "PokéBucks".
- 2002 October 3, Jose L. Solano <email@example.com>, "[PW!] Trent vs. Jubu Fuu", message-ID <firstname.lastname@example.org>, alt.games.nintendo.pokemon, Usenet link:
- The next day, Trent delivered both Jubu Fuu and the talking Machamp to whatever that guy's name was, and collected his three thousand dollar... Pokédollar... whatever you call them... reward.
- 2004 September 1, Chet Weaver - Chicks Dig Giant Robots <email@example.com>, "[PW] Contesting My Tolerance", message-ID <2pmjuhFlq6dpU1@uni-berlin.de>, alt.games.nintendo.pokemon, Usenet link:
- "Looks like first place not only gets a ribbon, but a sketch of their likeness, a year’s supply of PokéChow, two-hundred thousand PokéDollars, and the starring role in a commercial for Brock's Homemade Brand PokéChow," Mason said as he read off the poster. "You sure you don't want to at least try it out?"