Jump to navigation Jump to search
English citations of absitively, absotively, and absatively
- 1917 November, Green, Fitzhugh, “Amusing Fifty Thousand Men: Another Avenue for Government Control”, in J. W. Greenslade, editor, United States Naval Institute Proceedings, volume 43, number 11, page 2538:
- It may be tiresome, but calculate this celluloid Klondike: Any old reels will do, comedies, tragedies, weekly reviews (dating back to the fall of Sumter)—“posalutely absatively” anything will do!
- 1920 September, “Style and Stability (advertisement)”, in The Rotarian, volume 17, number 3, page 159:
- That is one of the twelve reasons why Charlotte Diners are absotively the best little old dining chairs produced in this Land of the Free—and Prohibition has nothing to do with it.
- "Colonel Blake has okayed my transfer."
- "You're serious, Frank. You're leaving."
- "Gee, Frank, this place won't seem the same without you. It'll be terrific."
- 1977, Paul Mitchell, William Bell (music), “I Absotively, Posolutely Love You”, in Comin' Back for More, performed by William Bell:
- I absotively, posolutely love ya, baby / I absotively, posolutely love ya, yeah / No bout a-doubt it / I can't live without it
- Shopper: Could you validate my parking?
- Ned Flanders: Absotively posilutely!
- 2001, MHz (music), “Absotively Posolutely”, in Table Scraps, performed by MHz feat. Copywrite:
- We're absotively posolutely sure we got the cure for the common rhyme at the beat in time.