English citations of biscuit
Charlotte Mason (1777) The lady's assistant for regulating and supplying her table: being a complete system of cookery, containing one hundred and fifty select bills of fare, properly disposed for family dinners ... with upwards of fifty bills of fare for suppers ... and several desserts: including likewise, the fullest and choicest receipts of various kinds ... (cooking), page 300 of 436: “Macaroni. It comes from Italy. It is a biscuit made of almonds, eggs, flower, and sugar.”
- 2005, Robert Strybel, Maria Strybel, Polish Heritage Cookery (expanded edition; published by Hippocrene Books of New York; ISBN 0781811244, page 880:
- Rose-flavored jams are ideal for filling […] Traditional favorites include pierniczki (chocolate-covered gingerbread hearts) and a fruit-filled, chocolate-covered biscuit called delicje (delicacies) […]
- 2007, Official Gazette of the United States Patent and Trademark Office, page 769:
- OWNER OF U.S. REG. NO. 2,378,820.
- FOR CHOCOLATES; CHOCOLATES WITH OR WITHOUT FILLING OR TOPPING; WAFERS AND BISCUITS; CHOCOLATE WAFERS AND BARS; CHOCOLATE COVERED BISCUITS; […]