Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of buck wild
Adjective: "(African American Vernacular, slang) crazy, unrestrained, uncontrolled"
|1991 1993 1998||2001 2003 2010|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1991 — Ice-T, "O.G. Original Gangster", O.G. Original Gangster:
- Sometimes I'm ill/ And other times buck wild
- 1993 — Wu-Tang Clan, "Shame on a Nigga", Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers):
- Shame on a nigga who try to run game on a nigga / Who buck wild with the trigger
- 1998 — Zane, Addicted, Atria Books (2003), ISBN 0743442849, page 190:
- The dancer was buck wild, and all the old, beer-bellied men were clapping and sticking money in the waistline of her sheer-leg pants.
- 2001 — Rick Bragg, Ava's Man, Knopf (2001), ISBN 9780375410628, page 38:
- […] like Claude, Babe's son, who played with Charlie around the ramshackle farmhouse, throwing rocks, climbing trees, buck wild.
- 2001 — Blu Cantrell, "Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!)", So Blu:
- Hey ladies, when your man wanna get buck wild, just go back and hit 'em up style / Put your hands on his cash and spend it to the last dime for all the hard times
- 2003 — Jagged Edge, "Girls Gone Wild", Hard:
- Young and sexy with that freaky, freaky style / Walked through the party, make the club buck wild and
- 2010 — Noire, Unzipped, One World (2010), ISBN 9780345508799, page 118:
- She was shy and intellectual, and Menace liked the way she took her time to think about shit before jumping off buck wild like most chicks did.
- 2010 — Russell Peters, Call Me Russell, Doubleday Canada (2010), ISBN 9780385669634, page 150:
- We had a great time that night, when the DJ at Pacha NYC found out that Mel was in the house, he played "White Lines (Don't Don't Do It)." Mel's girlfriend really went buck wild when they played it.