From the aggressive state of bucks during mating season.
buck wild (comparative more buck wild, superlative most buck wild)
- (African American Vernacular, slang) Crazy, unrestrained, uncontrolled.
- 1998, Zane, Addicted, Atria Books (2003), →ISBN, page 190:
- The dancer was buck wild, and all the old, beer-bellied men were clapping and sticking money in the waistline of her sheer-leg pants.
- 2001, Blu Cantrell, "Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!)", So Blu:
- Hey ladies, when your man wanna get buck wild, just go back and hit 'em up style / Put your hands on his cash and spend it to the last dime for all the hard times
- 2010, Russell Peters, Call Me Russell, Doubleday Canada (2010), →ISBN, page 150:
- We had a great time that night, when the DJ at Pacha NYC found out that Mel was in the house, he played "White Lines (Don't Don't Do It)." Mel's girlfriend really went buck wild when they played it.
- For more examples of usage of this term, see Citations:buck wild.
- ^ Jonathan Green, Cassell's Dictionary of Slang, Weidenfeld & Nicolson (2005), →ISBN, page 195