Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -əʊld
- Not controlled; not under control.
- 1902, Barbara Baynton, Sally Krimmer; Alan Lawson, editors, Bush Studies (Portable Australian Authors: Barbara Baynton), St Lucia: University of Queensland Press, published 1980, page 36:
- Into the gnarled uncontrolled hand swaying over the bunk the dog laid his paw.
- (civil engineering) Lacking the usual traffic control devices, such as traffic lights, pedestrian signals, pavement markings, traffic signs, or a crossing guard.
- uncontrolled crossing
- uncontrolled intersection