Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of lulu
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
- 1886, Website, etymonline.com:
- "remarkable person or thing," 1886 (first attested in a baseball article from New Orleans, U.S.), perhaps from earlier looly "beautiful girl," of unknown origin. http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?search=lulu&searchmode=none:
- 1943, Cartoon, Warner Bros., Jack-Wabbit and the Beanstalk:
- "Duh, watch out for dat foist step - it's a lulu!"
- 1950, Magazine, Boy Scouts Magazine "Boys Own" December 1950, Earache in B minor, page 46:
- "He's a real lulu. He's a wonderful pianist, he plays his own stuff."
- 1961, Film, Comancheros:
- John Wayne as Ranger Jake Cutter to Stuart Whitman as Paul Regret: “you are a real lulu, monsieur.” http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054757/
- 2011, newspaper, Globe and Mail Newspaper, Toronto, Movie Review "Kaboom" by Stephen Cole:
- "The story (and it’s a lulu): 19-year-old Smith (Thomas Dekker) seeks refuge from his...".