Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
English citations of oldfag
Noun: "(Internet, slang, sometimes offensive) an oldbie; a veteran member of the 4chan community (or any other online community)"
|2008 2009 2011 2012|
|ME «||15th c.||16th c.||17th c.||18th c.||19th c.||20th c.||21st c.|
2008 November 12, Chef Xenu [username], “Safety and Good Sense: A Message from Cbus Anons”, in alt.religion.scientology, Usenet:
- Wear your masks, whether this is your first protest or your tenth. Whether you are an oldfag or newfag, whether you came from the chans, or came from elsewhere- whether you are doing this for the lulz or because it is Right: […]
- 2011 — Cole Stryker, Epic Win for Anonymous: How 4chan's Army Conquered the Web, The Overlook Press (2011), ISBN 9781590207383, unnumbered page:
- Oldfags will post the symbol along with "Newfags can't triforce."
- 2011 — Trevor Pott, "ANONYMOUS: Behind the mask, inside the Hivemind", The Register, 7 July 2011:
- The Oldfags are most likely the ones starting everything up, they've been doing it the longest.
- 2012 — Parmy Olson, We Are Anonymous: Inside the Hacker World of LulzSec, Anonymous, and the Global Cyber Insurgency, Little, Brown and Company (2012), ISBN 9780316213530, unnumbered page:
- There were many like him—oldfags who believed they were the true Anons.