Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (biology) Acronym of .
- To create a biological machine, EBICS teams will work with many kinds of cells, but primarily those of three types: neurons, muscle cells and endothelial cells, which make blood vessels.
- 2010 March, "New Center Takes a Step Toward Biological Machines", LAS News, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign College of Liberal Arts & Sciences:
- The U of I is a partner with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and the Georgia Institute of Technology in what is known as the Emergent Behaviors of Integrated Cellular Systems (EBICS) Center.
- (finance) Acronym of .
- The CFONB, the standardisation office in the banking sector of France, has designated EBICS as the follow-up standard for the discontinued ETEBAC protocols.
- 2010, Association for German Banks (Staff), "EBICS facilitates the Single Euro Payments Area: New Franco-German cooperation promotes European standard for payment transactions" (press release):
- To facilitate business activities in Europe, especially within the Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA), German and French banks have agreed on providing a common protocol for financial transactions on the internet which standardises communication between corporate clients and banks - the Electronic Banking Internet Communication Standard (EBICS).