Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: fifth
From the name of the Fifth Amendment to the United States Constitution, protecting various rights in United States legal proceedings.
- (chiefly US, informal, with the) The Fifth Amendment.
- (chiefly US, informal, with the, by extension) The right not to give self-incriminating testimony.
- (chiefly US) Fifth Avenue.
- 2003, Cecily Von Ziegesar, Because I'm worth it:
- ... besides marrying Nate Archibald and living happily every after in the ivy-covered brick town house just off Fifth that she already had picked out
- (chiefly US) Fifth Street.
Fifth Amendment — see Fifth Amendment