Flying Spaghetti Monster
- (humorous) A deity consisting of spaghetti and meatballs, the creator of the universe according to the parody religion Pastafarianism.
2005 January, Henderson, Bobby, “Open Letter To Kansas School Board”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name):
- I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster.
2006 May 24, Huberman, Jack, “#75: Kansas State Board of Education”, in 101 People Who Are Really Screwing America, Nation Books, ISBN 978-1560258759, LCCN 2007271768, LCC P95.82.U6 H83 2006, page 76:
- And now, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is demanding equal teaching time for its theory that the world was created by an FSM.
2006 September 18, Dawkins, Richard, “The God Hypothesis”, in The God Delusion, Boston: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, ISBN 978-0618680009, LCCN 2006015506, LCC BL2775.3.D39 2006, page 76:
- A popular deity on the Internet at present — and as undisprovable as Yahweh or any other — is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, who, many claim, has touched them with his noodly appendage.
2009 October, Berkun, Scott, “How to work a tough room”, in Confessions of a Public Speaker, 1st edition, Sebastapol: O'Reilly, ISBN 978-0596801991, LCCN 2010291451, LCC PN4129.15.B47 2010, page 51:
- All rooms, no matter how tough, have someone who hates you the least. Even if you're a Flying Spaghetti Monster disciple speaking at the Vatican, someone in that room will hate you less than everyone else.